Thursday, January 21, 2010

First Things

For some time now I have felt like God has been calling me to share some thoughts and ideas with others. At first I thought this to be a crazy notion, a streak of arrogance rising up within me. As I prayed about this, however, I continued to feel that it was the right thing to do. Maybe this is a tool that can be used to glorify God in some way, maybe this is just a journal for me to think through some things...I am not really sure what it is.



This is my pledge: I will commit to write something every week until I feel lead to stop, or until my wife tells me that I am bringing shame to the family name. I promise not to be too preachy, and I will try to inject the wit and humor I think I have. (I think I am the funniest person I know!)



I don't know if anyone will actually read this, but at least I will feel like I have been obedient to my God and Savior.



John

2 comments:

  1. John, isn't God amazing! I was reading online checking Facebook and such and read your most current blog. Funny you mentioned two year olds. My daughter is 2+. She will be three in April and it is so true about her exploring the boundaries and consequences. My wife and I pray for guidance each day in raising Cadi. Some days I feel we are on God's track for her and then there are those days when the train has jumped the track. We just keep pointing her back towards God. Thanks for sharing. It helps us first-time old parents to hear God's success stories in parenting. Keep sharing. Your friend, Rick Whiten

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm enjoying your blog, John. One correction, though: I'm the funniest person you know!

    ReplyDelete